Feel Good Suffolk is a new approach to support people to make positive changes to their health and wellbeing.
It’s a collaboration between Suffolk County Council’s Public Health & Communities team and all District and Borough councils, plus health partners.
People in Suffolk are helped at the right time and place to make positive changes to their health and wellbeing.
This website is the digital front door to the new Feel Good Suffolk service providing:
Universal, quality-assured information and signposting for self-help
Access to a referrals management platform for more intensive support
The service will deliver interventions for both universal and targeted population groups within:
Adult Weight Management – Healthy Weight
Physical Activity – Be Active
Smoking Cessation – Stop Smoking
How to use this service as a healthcare professional
There is a wealth of free information on this website which you can encourage clients to access.
All referrals (either via a clinician or client) will be triaged by a Feel Good Suffolk Advisor. The advisor will then contact the client to go through their referral form and discuss their needs in further depth, to find out what support they need and inform them of the next steps.
Important: Suffolk-based practices and all pharmacies (non-Waveney)
Referrals into Feel Good Suffolk
- Feel Good Suffolk’s referrals platform will NOT be integrated with primary care systems from the outset, but there is ongoing development of this functionality and we will work with you to ensure you have the information you need throughout this process.
- You can refer to all Feel Good Suffolk services using a simple referral housed within DXS on SystmOne. The form is now available from the ‘Community, Referral’ folder in DXS and is called ‘Feel Good Suffolk’.
- Pharmacy teams should use the ‘self-referral form’ on this website via this link. This can be completed on a patient’s behalf, as well as by the patient themselves.
- Once submitted, all forms will be ‘triaged’ to the Feel Good Suffolk team best suited to meet the client’s needs on a locality basis so they can follow up with the most timely, tailored support.
Important – Waveney-based practices
- Waveney practices should support the patient to make a self-referral via this link – Self-referral form
- For physical activity referrals, please continue to refer directly to Active Now: Active NoW – Online Referral Form – ReferAll – Online Referral Form (refer-all.net)
Eligibility / Target audiences for each service area
Eligibility criteria for Stop Smoking
Clients/patients you refer must be:
- resident in Suffolk
- current smoker
- aged 12 and above
- wishing to stop smoking
Eligibility criteria for Healthy Weight
We will only be accepting professional referrals for individuals with a BMI ≥ 40 kg.m-2, or 35 kg.m-2 where a co-morbidity is present. Individuals with a BMI below 40 kg.m-2 or 35 kg.m-2 with a co-morbidity can still self-refer via the form on this website here.
- Resident in Suffolk
- Aged 18 years and over
- Motivated to achieve a healthy weight
- Individuals with a BMI ≥ 30 kg.m-2 OR BMI ≥ 27.5 kg.m-2 and are from an ethnic minority group or have a co-morbidity.
Eligibility criteria for Be Active
Please note: we can only provide Exercise on Referral to clients who have been referred by a healthcare professional and meet the criteria to access.
Clients/patients you refer for any physical activity support must be:
- Resident in Suffolk, aged 18 years and above
- People who are inactive (as set out by the UK Chief Medical Officers’ guidelines)
- Motivated to be more active
To be eligible for Exercise on Referral, clients/patients should have one of the following:
-A stable long-term health condition, e.g, diabetes, cancer
-No contraindications to exercise
Feel Good Suffolk can support the following cohorts to access wider physical activity provision:
- People with long-term conditions and limiting illness
- People with disabilities
- People from ethnic minority backgrounds
- People living in deprived areas/on low incomes
- Unpaid carers
- Pregnant women
- People exiting from rehabilitation services
Using the referral form to access local support
You can use this referral form if you are a clinician making the referral on behalf of a client.
The form will be submitted to a Feel Good Suffolk advisor who will then contact the client to support them in accessing information contained on this website or community assistance local to them.
They can also advise clients on the eligibility criteria for more intensive levels of support around managing a healthy weight, stopping smoking and being more active.